2.1) (Ch. 7) Explain what a residual is (also known as residual of prediction).
e idea of “least squares” in regression (you need to fully read pp. 200-208 to understand).
3) What does it mean if b = 0?
4) What does it mean when r-squared is 0? What does it mean when r-squared is 1?
5) What is the difference in an unstandardized regression coefficient and the standardized regression coefficient?
6) If a report says test performance was predicted by number of cups of coffee (b = .94), what does the .94 mean? Interpret this. (For every one unit increase in ___,There is an increase in ___ )
7) If F (2,344) = 340.2, p < .001, then what is this saying in general about the regression model? (see p. 217)
8) Why should you be cautious in using unstandardized beta? (p. 218)
9) (Ch. 8) Explain partial correlation in your own words. In your explanation, explain how it is different from zero-order correlation (aka Pearson r).
10) (Ch. 9) What is the F statistic used to determine in multiple regression?
11) What is F when the null hypothesis is true?
12) In Table 9.4, which variable(s) are statistically significant predictors?
13) In Table 9.4, explain what it means if health motivation has b = .36 in terms of predicting number of exercise sessions per week.
14) What is the benefit of interpreting standardized beta weights? (see p. 264).
15) What happens if your predictor variables are too closely correlated?
16) Reflect on your learning. What has been the most difficult? How did you get through it? What concepts are still fuzzy to you? Is there anything you could share with me that would help me address how you learn best?
Take me as someone who has always had an interest in air pollution, but doesn't have the time to learn
earn about it independently. I am hiring you to learn all that you can about it and put together a report that will summarize all the information so that I can learn as much as I can in as little time as possible. Here is what you need to include in your report:
An explanation of air pollution. What is air pollution? //
Explain 4 causes of air pollution.
Explain 2 sources of air pollution. What are the toxins or pollutants that contaminate the air?
Explain at least 5 effects of air pollution on human health and/or the environment.
Explain 3 solutions to stopping air pollution. What can be done by the government or private organizations?
Work cited page should also be included, listing all the sources you used to get your information.
THIS REPORT SHOULD BE TYPED AND ORGANIZED IN 5 OR MORE PARAGRAPHS. READ THE RUBRIC BELOW CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND HOW THIS PROJECT WILL BE GRADED!!
WORKS CITED PAGE
General guidelines for citing sources:
List entries alphabetically by author (if no author list title first)
Separate entries with periods
Author, last name first. "Webpage title." Website title. Date published/updated. Organization/publisher. Date accessed. < URL >
Landsberger, Joseph. “Citing Websites." Study Guides and Strategies . 12 May 2005. University of
X. 13 May 2005. < http://www.studygs.net/citation.htm >.
These websites will format your citations for you: http://citationmachine.net/ & http://easybib.com/
**You should use google slides or powtoons to put together your information. You should have a minimum of 6 slides not including the title slide with your name.** DUE FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2020
Three or more required elements are missing (not including additional facts).
1 or 2 required elements are missing (not including additional facts).
All required information is present, but no additional information is given.
All required information is present, including two additional facts.
Quality of information
Information has little or nothing to do with the main topic OR sections do not provide any supporting detail or explanation.
Information clearly relates to the topic, but some sections are lacking detail and explanation.
Information clearly relates to the main topic and all sections include some supporting detail and explanation.
Information clearly relates to the main topic and all sections include significant supporting details and explanation.
Title page is not present at all AND/OR there are errors in typing, spacing, no picture, etc.
Product has improperly formatted title page AND/OR no picture or not creative.
Product has incorrectly formatted title page and has pictures.
Product has a title page in the proper format, has pictures and is creative.
5 or more grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors present throughout the product.
3-4 grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors present throughout the product.
1-2 grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors present throughout the product.
No grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors present throughout the product.
Works Cited page not present.
All sources are documented with 3-4 errors in format OR Works Cited is not done a separate page.
Works Cited is done on a separate page and all sources are documented with 1-2 errors in format.
Works Cited is done on a separate, properly headed page with all sources documented in proper Works Cited format.