1.The cost of renting a car is $46 /wk plus $0.25 /mi traveled during that week. An equation
esent the cost would be y=46+0.25x , where x is the number of miles traveled.
a. What is your cost if you travel 59 mi?
The cost is $
b. If your cost was $66.25 , how many miles were you charged for traveling?
You were charged for traveling
c. Suppose you have a maximum of $100 to spend for the car rental. What would be the maximum number of miles you could travel?
The maximum number of miles you could travel is
4.3) Suppose that a piece of equipment produces steel pipes and malfunctions 5% of the time, if the next 4
xt 4 tests are performed, find P(x=0), P(x=1), P(x=2),P(x=3) and P(x=4). SHOW ALL WORK TO GET CREDIT)
4) Use the confidence interval (99%) to solve the following question. A company is trying to establish the number of average amount of funds that are owed by its employees. They collect 1,000 accounts and found the sample average owed is $250 with a standard deviation of 10. Calculate the confidence interval (MUST SHOW ALL WORK TO GET CREDIT)
5) Use the t distribution formula and table to solve the following question. A random sample of 91 with a sample average of 90 and a standard deviation of 4.2 hours, calculate the confidence interval at 98% (MUST SHOW ALL WORK TO GET CREDIT)
6) A poll of 3,000 adults out of 5,500 was collected to found that they did not get a master’s degree. Calculate the confidence interval at 95%. (MUST SHOW ALL WORK TO GET CREDIT)
6.11. In a game, you draw thirteen cards with replacement from a deck of playing cards. If you draw any
y aces or twos, you lose the game immediately. You also lose if you draw picture cards(J,Q,K) more than twice. In this question, you’ll study the probability of winning this game.(a) What is the probability of drawing no aces or twos after thirteen draws?(b) Given you have drawn thirteen times, none of which is aces or twos, what is the probability that you draw at most two picture cards?(c) What is the probability to win this game?
12. Suppose you are tossing an unbiased coin for100times.(a) What is the probability of getting50heads and50tails?(b) LetXbe the random variable counting the number of heads you observe in this exper-iment. What is the expected value ofX? What is the variance ofX? What is thestandard deviation ofX?
13. The following are probability distributions for two random variablesX,Y.
(a) Construct the probability distribution table for the random variableXY.(b) Find E[X],E[Y] and E[XY]. Is is true that E[XY] =E[X]E[Y]?(c) Find the variances σ2X,σ2Y,σ2XY of X,Y and XY. Is it true that σ2XY=σ2Xσ2Y?
14. The aliens who are fond of gambling came back to play another game with you. In this game, you first toss a coin5times. If you observe3or fewer tails, you roll a die3times. If youobserve4or more tails, you roll a die20times. What is the probability that you end up with at most two6’s in your dice rolls?
15. (Challenge question, worth2points) You have two bags, each of which contains10marbles.Each time you remove a marble from a random bag. What is the probability that after one of the bags is emptied, there are still exactly3marbles in the other bag?