1.ou really like the fact that your GPS gets you to your friend’s house and typically not 3
down from where you want to be. That means your GPS has to be precise.
Really precise. It relies on atomic clocks on-board the satellites. These clocks are
precise to the nanosecond scale. Your phone accessing the GPS signal is the Earth based
observer. Do you expect the atomic clock to run slower or faster than the clock on your
phone? Is the time on the atomic clock the proper time or dilated time? Is the time on
your phone the proper time or dilated time?
2.1. Your 2-(1-hydroxyethyl)benzofuran was enriched in one enantiomer. Assuming that
generally cannot be made to produce either enantiomer as desired, use your knowledge of organic
reactions to design a reaction sequence to convert your sample to the other enantiomer. Show
reaction(s) and appropriate reagents.
2. Consider applying biocatalytic reduction with carrots to the following two ketones: tert-butyl
methyl ketone, and 3-hexanone. Which would you expect to give higher enantioselectivity in
biocatalytic reduction? Explain your answer.
3.11. You expect to have the given amount in an account with the given terms. Find how much you can
thdraw periodically in order to make the account last the specified amount of time. Round your answer to the nearest cent.
Account balance: $300,000
Interest rate: 4.45%
Time: 22 years
Regular withdrawal amount: $
12. You expect to have the given amount in an account with the given terms. Find how much you can withdraw periodically in order to make the account last the specified amount of time. Round your answer to the nearest cent.
Account balance: $550,000
Interest rate: 3.35%
Time: 25 years
Regular withdrawal amount: $
13. You deposit $5000 each month into an account earning 4.5% interest compounded monthly.
(a) How much will you have in the account in 25 years? $
(b) How much total money will you put into the account? $
(c) How much total interest will you earn over the 25 years? $
14. You deposit $5000 each quarter into an account earning 3.5% interest compounded quarterly.
(a) How much will you have in the account in 10 years? $
(b) How much total money will you put into the account? $
(c) How much total interest will you earn over the 10 years? $
15. Angela has $550,000 saved for retirement in an account earning 3.05% interest, compounded weekly. How much will she be able to withdraw each week if she wants to take withdrawals for 25 years? Round your answer to the nearest dollar.
4.a) Carbon tetrachloride is an organic compound with the chemical formula CCl4. It is a
colorless liquid with a “sweet” smell.
quid with a “sweet” smell.
i. Using the ground state electron configuration and excited state electron
configuration explain the hybridization of the central Carbon (C) atom. (7 Marks)
ii. Identify the orbitals that overlap to form the C-Cl bond. Draw a diagram to show
the orbital overlap. (3 Marks)
iii. What is the bond angle of CCl4? (1 Mark)
b) Consider a Fluorine atom (F) and a Fluorine anion (F-). Which of these two species would
you expect to have a larger radius? Explain your answer. (5 Marks)
c) Explain why the first ionization energy of Aluminum (Al) is less than that of Magnesium
(Mg). (4 Marks)
d) Assume the atom Oxygen(O) can form both cationic(O+) and anionic(O-) species. Place
the following species in order of increasing first ionization energy, starting with the lowest.
O+, O, O-
a) Sea water contains roughly 28.0 g of NaCl per liter. (NaCl molar mass = 58.44 gmol-1).
i. Calculate the number of moles of NaCl in a liter of sea water. (2 Marks)
ii. Calculate the molarity of NaCl in sea water. (4 Marks)
iii. Calculate the mass by volume percent (W/V) of NaCl in sea water. (4 Marks)
5.It has been argued that of the two types of authoritarianism, left-wing has more in common with totalitarianism. To begin
litarianism. To begin with, provide a full description of left-wing authoritarianism. Then identify two traits of totalitarian syndrome and explain why you believe they support the assertion that left-wing authoritarianism is more similar to totalitarianism.
There are different understandings as to the nature of representation in an indirect democracy. Name and describe each type. Finally, explain which of these you could expect to find in the parliamentary system and why.
What, in the parliamentary context, is confidence? Why is it important, how might it be lost, and what happens if it is lost?
The Canadian and the US political systems each contain a Senate. In one of the regimes the Senate is the dominant chamber, in the other it is not. Identify which is which and explain why.
Provide a full description of the characteristics of a federal state. In your view, how would Plato and Aristotle classify this type of governmental system?
6.This is my lab on optical isomers and crystal field theory. I need help answering these post lab questions:
Based on the energies you found in c and d, which of these complexes has the largest predicted splitting between the t2g orbitals and the eg orbital. Remember--not every element has occupied d-orbitals. How is that going to impact your next answers?
Which one would absorb the longer wavelength of light? Explain why.
Transition metal complexes are often vibrantly colored due to the splitting of the d-orbitals caused by the ligands. Based on your results would you expect that both of these complexes have any significant color? Explain.
7.1. Estimate a second stage (also called the stable stage) growth rate in dividends, g2, for use in the Two-Stage
he Two-Stage DDM. Your estimate for g2 is the growth rate that you expect will continue “forever” in the second stage. Your estimate for g2 should not be much greater than the expected future growth in the overall economy (expected growth in GDP). Why? LIST your estimate for g2 and provide a short paragraph that EXPLAINS your reasoning AND the source of your estimate for long-term growth in GDP. Finally, estimate and LIST a price per share for KO using your estimates for g1, N, Re, g2 and KO’s current annual dividend (most recent quarterly dividend x 4) as D(0) in the Two-Stage DDM (submit your spreadsheet).
2. Calculate KO’s FCFF for EACH of the past five (5) years using the financial statement data found in KO’s annual reports and using the FCFFM.xls template. The template will calculate the annual FCFF value for you, but you MUST insert the correct input values for Depreciation & Amortization, Capital Investment, Capital Sales, etc.
3. Assume that the average annual FCFF from Q5 is good estimate of KO’s FCFF(0) for use in the FCFM. LIST your estimate for FCFF(0) then estimate and LIST a price per share for KO using your estimates for g1, N, WACC, g2 and FCFF(0) in the Two-Stage FCFFM (submit your spreadsheet).Use the same estimate second stage or stable stage growth, g2, in the FCFFM that you selected for the DDM.
4. Apply Relative Valuation methods to Coca-Cola (KO) using the following three (3) popular relative valuation ratios - Price/Earnings, Price/Book, Price/Sales (call these three ratios Price/”X” ratios). Select at least five (5) comparable firms that are in the same industry as KO and use the average P/X ratio for the group of comparable firms in your valuation analysis. The P/X ratios for the template can be found by using the screener on the Finviz.comwebsite. Use the Relative Valuation (RV) Excel spreadsheet tab found in the Two Stage_DDM_FCFE_FCFF_RV.xlsx file.
8.Describe the parallels between cell differentiation, nutrient supply, and final cellular state for the majority of cells involved in the
he majority of cells involved in the epidermis, hair follicles/hair growth, and nail synthesis/nail growth.
How does the structure of spongy bone support the function of the red bone marrow contained within said bone?
How do bones, synovial fluid, tendons, ligaments, and articular cartilage work together to allow synovial joint movement? Please explicitly include the bone feature that allows for tendon/ligament attachment.
What is the difference in function between the vertebrae and the intervertebral disks in the vertebral column? Please discuss both the connective tissue subtype for each of these features and how the composition of their extracellular matrix contributes to function
Describe the extracellular matrix of bone to someone who isn't familiar with anatomy (this should be a general description of appearance/tactile nature, no specific mention of cells or function is needed)
How does hair contribute to the sensory role of the integumentary system? (A short explanation is all that is needed, no in-depth description of associated structures is required for full credit)
Back when he was 16, Jordan left eye orbit floor was fractured in a bizarre fencing accident, leaving a few fragments behind inside his skull. Assuming the floor was punctured from above in the maxillary bone and no additional bones were broken, where did the bone fragments end up in his skull? (This should be a particular space in the skull, not a separate bone where the fragments are embedded
The skeletal and integumentary systems rely heavily on collagen for function - describe one or more features other than ligaments that involve collagen, and how you would expect function to change in someone with EDS that affected the relevant subtype of collagen