A lot of times, students feel afraid to talk out loud about their fears with math. Maybe math as a subject can be easy for some whereas complex for many. How do you feel about it?
Students are scared of solving mathematical problems, especially those with large numbers. Even attempting a question becomes difficult, but what can be the most common reason that stops them from trying their best?
Maybe the fear of not knowing how and where to use various tricks and tips of math can lead to a lot of chaos on a student’s exam sheet. Math anxiety in students develops a phobia that can stay for long in them unless worked upon.
There are an ample number of techniques to solve a math problem with ease and speed. These techniques can help students boost their confidence, improve math skills, understand and excel effortlessly in their math’s exams at any grade.
Math problems may be solved in different ways and one of the most important ways is to ask for math help without hesitation.
Here are a few things you must do to solve math problems faster and better:
- Hire the best math tutor. The tutor will assist you in a 1:1 interaction on how to solve math problems easily. Because you can connect with the tutor live so that comes with indefinite advantages. Even if you get stuck when trying to solve a math problem, your tutor will guide you through all the steps and make sure that you learn everything with clarity.
- Strive to know your multiplication times table well. How many of you actually revise tables on a daily basis? Tables can be your savior. When you are giving an exam and need help in quick multiplication, tables are at your rescue. So not only are you saving time but also preparing yourself for bigger multiplication challenges.
- Know your squares and cubes for the first 30 numbers. You can consider it mandatory. Squares and cubes can help you solve questions faster and more confidently. You can make a daily habit of revising 10 cubes and 10 squares. Eventually, you will end up cracking difficult equations in less time.
- Think like a math genius and make your mind believe the trick. So, how does a trick work? Are there any believable tricks for math? Yes, when you attend your live online tutoring session with the tutor, your tutor will make learning more playful for you with various new and successful tricks. It can include division, percentage, subtraction, addition, under root and so many other tricks. So, you are going to love them as they will pique your interest in math!
- Read, identify the problem, and take time to fully understand it. This will help you know how to approach the problem. Math is sequential, it is important to understand the key concepts before moving to the next step.
- There are different formulas to approach a problem. Master your formulas well. Do not memorize the formulas but try to understand the process and logic involved when calculating. Ask for your tutor’s help. Be clear with what you don’t understand and address your doubts. Mastering formulas need understanding and conceptualization. Once you do this, you memorize them forever.
- Go through the process of calculation step by step. If you make a mistake, review to understand where you went wrong to become good at math and to avoid the same mistake in the future.
Math requires time and a lot of patience to master. It is impossible to study maths properly by only reading and writing. Do a lot of practice by solving and answering more math problems. You will need to solve lots of mathematical problems, learn the different characteristics and importance of many ways to solve a problem. Note that practice makes perfect. Solving math questions is not a challenging task but it definitely requires more time and patience.
Maybe try connecting with an online math tutor for further assistance?
Learning different techniques for solving math problems and not relying on calculators is more rewarding. Look for strategies to improve your concentration and estimation skills. Exercise your mind by playing games with numbers to build number sense. Understand all the concepts, terminology, and definitions in mathematics and do a lot of practice.
TutorEye is here to help you throughout your live sessions and make your learning more amazing and special. With VARK learning style assistance and 24/7 availability of tutors, it becomes easier for a student and a tutor to understand how to accelerate math grades.