One-on-one tutoring services is an ancient method of learning, passing the most mind capturing knowledge from teacher to student needs a more personal touch; and this method has proven to be more efficient than the traditional teaching methods of tutoring a number of students at the same time.
Studies have shown that students who receive personal tutoring have performed better than students who don’t. If what you want is to improve academically or to be the best among your peers then a personal teacher will help you turn your dream into a reality.
The downside to this is finding the right teacher with the right qualifications to help you on that particular subject you need improving on, and who actually follows the right curriculum; finding such individual locally can be a challenge, and when you do find them it can be very expensive.
But with the emergence of new technologies, especially the internet; after-school learning is now on a whole new level. Online tutoring is the norm these days, although online teaching services have been around for a while, a lot of students haven’t considered meeting with a virtual teacher; this is because they do not know the benefits of having one and the impact it will have on their education.
This article will highlight the benefits of online tutoring services to the students and the tutors themselves, also the impacts it will have on the students’ education.
Benefits of Online Tutoring Services to Students
1. A Chance to Find the Perfect Tutor for Your Educational Needs: Finding a local tutor that best fits your educational needs might be very hard or next to impossible. The individual that best fits your needs may not be located in your vicinity, city, state or even your country, they may live in another country, but with online tutoring services, you have the opportunity to find a tutor that best suits your needs.
Online tutoring platforms present you with a wide range of choices to select from, you just have to make a decision based on their reviews and if they are unique or best fitted to solve your problems. Let’s say you live in the United States and you need a language teacher for Mandarin, you can find a native speaker of that language through online tutoring services.
2. Convenience and Flexible Hours: Learning online affords you the chance to be flexible with time. For example, if you have a very busy schedule and don’t have the time to work with your tutor in the day till late in the night, having an online tutor in a different time zone means they can work with your schedule.
The convenience online teaching platforms provide is second to none. Let’s say you need several tutors for different subjects, the stress of moving from one location to another will zap you out, but with online teaching platforms you don’t need to move from one location to another, you can get quality tutoring from the convenience of your living room (or dorm room).
3. Helps you Get Conversant with New Technology: The biggest fear students or parents have when enrolling their kids for online tutoring services is technology being a hindrance, but technology is even an advantage rather than a hindrance for young people.
Social media and instant messaging apps have made it easier for young people to feel comfortable using new technology. Learning online helps them get conversant with the technology they’re not familiar with; this will help them in the long run in their educational and personal lives.
Technology helps students record live interactions with their tutors and can go back to those recordings if they forget anything.
4. Building Connections: You can build helpful connections with online tutors. Let’s say you have your mind set on a particular college, you can find a part-time tutor who is also a student of that college. You can get relevant information that will help you secure your dream admission.
You can also build long-term connections with them that will help you, in the long run, both academically and personally.
Benefits to Tutors
The benefits of online tutoring services aren’t exclusive to students alone, tutors can benefit a whole lot from this booming industry: the benefits include
1. A Rewarding Experience: There is no better feeling than knowing you’re impacting positively on the life of someone else.
Students reaching out to you when they’re stressed or confused and you applying your knowledge to help them solve that confusion will lift a burden off their shoulders while giving you that feeling that you’re making a difference in another persons’ life.
2. Helps you Become a Better Communicator: Teaching online helps tutors understand there are many ways to approach a problem. The way you approach a problem naturally might not make sense to the student at the other end of the computer and you find ways the student can understand you helps to sharpen your communication skill.
3. Work with Your Own Schedule: Being an online tutor gives you the opportunity to make your own schedule and work at your own pace. Most online tutors are part-time students who need extra funds so working part-time jobs is not an option as it will clash with school, especially if you’re a full-time student.
As an online tutor you can work with your own schedule and have time off for personal and school activities without asking permission from anyone, you just have to choose when and where you’ll like to work.
4. Make Money: The online tutoring service industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and you have a chance of benefitting from such gargantuan figure. There are reports of millionaire fulltime online tutors in South Korea with some reported to earn over $2 million annually.
If you’re serious and you’re good at what you do, you can actually make a lot of money doing what you love; using your knowledge to impact on the lives of students all around the world.
If you’re a student in need of help with your studies, getting an online tutor is a wise decision. To get started you first have to figure out how exactly a tutor will help you achieve your aims, then make a list of individuals that perfectly suit your needs, then choose an online tutoring service platform, review their curriculum, if that is what you need, then, by all means, get started!