4.Monohybrid Cross: Count the yellow and purple kernels for 3 ears of corn from the “3:1” collection. These are the result ...
5.In mice, grey coat colour, G, is dominant to white, g, and long tail, T, is dominant to short tail, ...
6.I was looking at my notes on protein structure and I am trying to understand quaternary structures for proteins. I ...
7.Monohybrid Cross: Count the yellow and purple kernels for 3 ears of corn from the “3:1” collection. These are the result ...
8.biology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questionsbiology questions ...
Ecology is the study of relationships between living organisms and the environment. The term ecology was coined by Ernest Haekel who combined two words oikos( meaning house) and logos( meaning study of) which represents the relationships between organism and environment.
Question 1: According to the nature of interaction between the soil particles and water molecules, which soil water is utilized by the plants?
1) Gravitational water
2) Hygroscopic water
3) Capillary water
4) Chemically bound water
Explanation: The capillary water is present in thin capillaries in the soil and it is mainly available
Question 2: Which of the following is the property of chilling resistant plants?
1) High proportion of saturated fatty acids in the cell membrane
2) High proportion of unsaturated fatty acids in the cell membrane
3) Dehydration and Supercooling
4) All of the above
Answer: Option (2,3)
Explanation: The chilling and cold stress mainly damage the membrane properties so chilling
Question 3: Which of the following is an example of succulents or drought enduring plants?
1) Calotropis procera
3) Argemone mexicana
4) Casuarina equisetifolia
Explanation: The succulent plants live in xerophytic conditions and to fight with these
Question 4: The individuals who belong to the same genetic stock but differ in the vegetative characteristics, such as shape, size and leaves are called?
2) Ecological amplitude
Explanation: The Ecads are also called ecophenes are the individuals who only differ
Question 5: Which one of the following about transfer efficiency is true?
1) Consumption efficiency of the herbivores is very low
2) Herbivores assimilation efficiency is higher in aquatic ecosystems than in terrestrial ecosystems
3) Herbivores tend to have production efficiency,but low assimilation efficiency
4) All of the above
Explanation: Consumption efficiency of herbivores is low because there is a difficulty
Question 6: Why is the pyramid of energy always upright?
1) It is because the lower level has more consumption efficiency as compared to higher
2) It is because the energy is always gained at successive trophic levels
3) Because the top carnivores utilise more energy
4) It is because some energy is always lost as we go from one trophic level to another trophic level
Explanation: The pyramid of energy is always upright because a given trophic level has
Question 7: Which organisms show type -3 survivorship curves?
2) Mountain sheep
3) Oysters and shellfish
Explanation: In type-3 survivorship curve , the mortality rate is high during the initial stages
Question 8: What is the shape of a stable population?
1) Bell shaped
2) Pyramid shaped
3) Urn- shaped
4) Inverted shape
Explanation: The population is called a stable population when the pre-reproductive
Question 9: Which of the following is the characteristic of k-strategies/ species?
1) K- species have smaller sizes
2) Show early reproduction
3) Algae, bacteria, rodents are examples
4) Large body size and iteroparous
Explanation: The k-species are the stable species and they undergo delayed reproduction,
Question 10: Describe an association in which two species are mutually benefited and live in close association?
Explanation: Mutualism is the relationship between two different species that are mutually beneficial