1.1) (Ch. 7) Explain what a residual is (also known as residual of prediction).
e idea of “least squares” in regression (you need to fully read pp. 200-208 to understand).
3) What does it mean if b = 0?
4) What does it mean when r-squared is 0? What does it mean when r-squared is 1?
5) What is the difference in an unstandardized regression coefficient and the standardized regression coefficient?
6) If a report says test performance was predicted by number of cups of coffee (b = .94), what does the .94 mean? Interpret this. (For every one unit increase in ___,There is an increase in ___ )
7) If F (2,344) = 340.2, p < .001, then what is this saying in general about the regression model? (see p. 217)
8) Why should you be cautious in using unstandardized beta? (p. 218)
9) (Ch. 8) Explain partial correlation in your own words. In your explanation, explain how it is different from zero-order correlation (aka Pearson r).
10) (Ch. 9) What is the F statistic used to determine in multiple regression?
11) What is F when the null hypothesis is true?
12) In Table 9.4, which variable(s) are statistically significant predictors?
13) In Table 9.4, explain what it means if health motivation has b = .36 in terms of predicting number of exercise sessions per week.
14) What is the benefit of interpreting standardized beta weights? (see p. 264).
15) What happens if your predictor variables are too closely correlated?
16) Reflect on your learning. What has been the most difficult? How did you get through it? What concepts are still fuzzy to you? Is there anything you could share with me that would help me address how you learn best?
3.Respond to ALL FOUR QUESTIONS. Each question carries 5 marks. Response to each question attempted should be at least 500
ould be at least 500 words. The document should adhere to APA guidelines. Please state the question and then post your answer below the Question.
Q1. How does marketing research help in the marketing planning process? Use a hypothetical business (e.g. a small sporting goods store, local hardware manufacturing small business, an independent publishing company, etc.) to discuss how market research helps in compiling market intelligence with regard to aspects such as product decisions, customer segmentation decisions, brand and pricing decisions, keeping stakeholders happy.
Q2. NuVision Lens, a mail-order contact lens company has struggled to break even after being five years in the eyewear market. The company’s founders had thought that high demand would exist for mail-order supply as a low-cost alternative to purchasing contact lenses at optical outlets. However, the market share of NuVision continues to be much less than the retail stores. NuVision Lens has hired you as their marketing consultant. Outline the steps that you will take to formulate a problem statement and research objective on the above situation.
Q3. Your friend, Ms.Destiny Brown is the CEO and founder of ‘Hide and Chic’ an upscale leather goods store based in Houston, Texas. Ms. Brown is actively considering to expand her company’s product line to include sports accessories including golf gloves, premium quality leather grips for tennis, squash, racquetball, badminton rackets, leather sports bags, etc. She has hired you to undertake a marketing research study to determine whether a market exists among retail outlets and sporting goods distributors in Houston, for these specialty items under the ‘Hide and Chic’ brand name.
Define and describe the target population for this study?
Discuss the sampling methods that could be used in this study.
Recommend, with reasons, the most optimal sampling procedures for this study.
Q4. Farm Fresh Grocery’ (FFG) has always used paper bags for sacking groceries. However, management has noticed that some competitors are offering reusable bags to their customers. FFG management has asked you to find out if its current customers would prefer bringing the reusable bags every time they visit the FFG store. A) Select two projective techniques to use in your research. Give reasons for your choice. B) Describe in detail how your two chosen techniques would be applied to this research problem.
6.Unsure how to answer these 6 questions
Assess the current compensation strategy vs the eight goals of a successful compensation program
als of a successful compensation program
Determine (from contextual variables) the most appropriate managerial strategy that should be employed in the organization
Determine (from structural variables) the current managerial strategy currently operating in the organization, with a discussion on how the “gap” (if there is one) explains some part of the issues that the organization is having. The “gap” is the difference between the current versus appropriate managerial strategy.
Apply expectancy theory to identify any issues with pay for performance – are incentives working at cross purposes between key positions? Are some incentives paying out too well in certain positions, while others aren’t paying out at all?
Apply job content theory to the job family or group of jobs to help explain employee motivation issues including why the existing incentives either work or don’t work. Ideally, job content theory will be applied to those positions that will be included in the PKS grid.
Document and analyze the sources and types of reward dissatisfaction present