1.1) (Ch. 7) Explain what a residual is (also known as residual of prediction).
e idea of “least squares” in regression (you need to fully read pp. 200-208 to understand).
3) What does it mean if b = 0?
4) What does it mean when r-squared is 0? What does it mean when r-squared is 1?
5) What is the difference in an unstandardized regression coefficient and the standardized regression coefficient?
6) If a report says test performance was predicted by number of cups of coffee (b = .94), what does the .94 mean? Interpret this. (For every one unit increase in ___,There is an increase in ___ )
7) If F (2,344) = 340.2, p < .001, then what is this saying in general about the regression model? (see p. 217)
8) Why should you be cautious in using unstandardized beta? (p. 218)
9) (Ch. 8) Explain partial correlation in your own words. In your explanation, explain how it is different from zero-order correlation (aka Pearson r).
10) (Ch. 9) What is the F statistic used to determine in multiple regression?
11) What is F when the null hypothesis is true?
12) In Table 9.4, which variable(s) are statistically significant predictors?
13) In Table 9.4, explain what it means if health motivation has b = .36 in terms of predicting number of exercise sessions per week.
14) What is the benefit of interpreting standardized beta weights? (see p. 264).
15) What happens if your predictor variables are too closely correlated?
16) Reflect on your learning. What has been the most difficult? How did you get through it? What concepts are still fuzzy to you? Is there anything you could share with me that would help me address how you learn best?
4.URGENT PLZZZ PLZZ ANSWER
Coupon redemption, a strategy for spurring sales, is the variable of interest to this study.
erest to this study.
Needless to say, this sales strategy will be effective when the distribution channels for the product in question are well planned, when there is sufficient advertising to let the consumers know about the promotion, when the package clearly indicates the coupon redemption scheme with the expiration date, if any, and the packaging of the product is of the right size (neither too big nor too small to serve the needs of the consumer). Of course, all these factors will not help, unless there is an established frequent need for the product for consumers.
Develop a theoretical framework for the above mentioned scenario.
Read the following information identify the concepts and develop a conceptual model for the scenario below.
Incidence of smoking in movies has started to increase again, after having declined for several decades. According to the National Cancer Institute smoking is seen in at least three out of four contemporary box office hits. What's more, identifiable cigarette brands appeared in about one-third of all movies in 2019. Exposure to smoking in movies is an important predictor of adolescent smoking initiation: smoking in movies has been shown to affect adolescents' intentions to start smoking. In turn, the intentions to start smoking are determined by a more positive attitude toward smoking after seeing a film character smoke. Recent research has revealed that the relationship between seeing a film character smoke and the attitude toward smoking is stronger when a person's identification with a film character increases. These findings are consistent with social learning theory, which predicts that attitudes and behaviors are modeled by observing the behaviors of others.
HELP URGENT PLZ
QUESTION IS NOT INCOMPLETE OR MISSING
1)Dorothy Dunning , Chief Production Manager , was on top of the world just two years ago . In her nontraditional job , she was cited to be the real backbone of the company , and her performance was in no small measure responsible for the mergers the institution was contemplating with other well - known global corporations . Of late though , the products of the company had to be recalled several times owing to safety concerns . Quality glitches and production delays also plagued the company . To project a good image to consumers , Dunning developed a very reassuring web site and made sweeping changes in the manufacturing processes to enhance the quality of the product , minimize defects , and enhance the efficiency of the workers , A year after all these changes , the company continues to recall defective products !
Do you think so research might have solved the Dorothy problem , if yes how ? (Be specific while answering and plan the body of writing recalling the concept of research ) 3marks
2) The GAAP ( Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ) do an unacceptable job of accounting for the principal activities of the Information Age companies . Today , investors are in the dark because the accounting is irrelevant . The basic purpose of accounting is to provide useful information to help investors make rational investment , credit , and similar decisions , but today's most important assets and activities - intellectual capital and knowledge work are totally ignored . Professor Robert A. Howell wants to reform the accounting system with the goal of making clear the measurement of how companies produce cash and create value .
How would you define the problem in the following case ? 2 MARKS