1.ou are a consultant who works for the Diligent Consulting Group. In this Case, you are engaged on a consulting
consulting basis by Loving Organic Foods. In order to get a better idea of what might have motivated customers’ buying habits you are asked to analyze the ages of the customers who have purchased organic foods over the past 3 months. Past research done by the Diligent Consulting Group has shown that different age groups buy certain products for different reasons. Loving Organic Foods has sent a survey to 200 customers who have previously purchased organic foods, and 124 customers have responded. The survey includes age data of past customers who purchased organic foods in the previous quarter.
Using Excel, create a frequency distribution (histogram) of the age data that was captured from the survey. You should consider the width of the age categories (e.g., 5 years, 10 years, or other). That is, which age category grouping provides the most useful information? Once you have created this histogram, determine the mean, median, and mode.
After you have reviewed the data, write a report to your boss that briefly describes the results that you obtained. Make a recommendation on how this data might be used for marketing purposes. Be sure to conduct adequate research on organic foods industry, organic market analysis, and healthy food industry using IBISWorld database or other databases such as Business Source Complete (EBSCO) and Business Source Complete - Business Searching Interface in our online library. Provide a brief description on the industry background and the consumer changing attitudes and behavior toward healthy lifestyles. Also identify the customer demographics of organic food industry and explain how the customers of Loving Organic Foods are different from this target market.
Data: Download the Excel-based data file with the age data of the 124 customers: Data chart for BUS520 Module 1 Case. Use these data in Excel to create your histogram.
Complete analysis in Excel using the Histogram function. Please watch the following video which covers how to create a histogram in Excel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL91GrVf3EY
If you are not so familiar with Excel, refer to the following link on Excel training videos: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Excel-training-9bc05390-e94c-46af-a5b3-d7c22f6990bb?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
Check the professional market research reports from the IBISWorld database to conduct the industry analysis. IBISWorld can be accessed in the Trident Online Library.
IBISWorld Overview (n.d.). IBISWorld, Inc., New York, NY.
IBISWorld Forecast (n.d.). IBISWorld, Inc., New York, NY.
IBISWorld Data and Sources (n.d.). IBISWorld, Inc., New York, NY.
IBISWorld Navigation Tips (n.d.). IBISWorld, Inc., New York, NY.
Length requirements: 4–5 pages minimum (not including Cover and Reference pages). NOTE: You must submit 4–5 pages of written discussion and analysis. This means that you should avoid use of tables and charts as “space fillers.”
Provide a brief introduction to/background of the problem.
Provide a brief description of organic food industry and target market characteristics such as their demographics, lifestyles and shopping behaviors.
Provide a written analysis that supports your Histogram age groups (bins).
Based on your analysis of the histogram data, provide complete and meaningful recommendations as the data relates to Loving Organic Foods’s marketing strategy.
Write clearly, simply, and logically. Use double-spaced, black Verdana or Times Roman font in 12 pt. type size.
Have an introduction at the beginning to introduce the topics and use keywords as headings to organize the report.
Avoid redundancy and general statements such as "All organizations exist to make a profit." Make every sentence count.
Paraphrase the facts using your own words and ideas, employing quotes sparingly. Quotes, if absolutely necessary, should rarely exceed five words.
Upload both your written report and Excel file to the case 1 Dropbox.
2.I am looking for someone who is familiar with water resources engineering. I have to be able to determine size
rmine size of piping for a water, wastewater, and stormwater system for an addition to a building on our campus. I am given maps of the existing conditions. I have calculated the new water demand which has to be used to determine the size of the pipes, though I am not completely sure if I did that right. I have a lot of information which I have compiled into a one drive file that I can share. I am able to help provide any information that is necessary since I am familiar with what the files contain. I have attached a document which explains everything that I need to do. I am able to use the existing network for the most part so routing of it should be easy. The part I am unsure about is determining the size of the pipes. For the water, I believe I can use mannings equation. For wastewater, I am unsure. For stormwater, I am to use the rational method and I have an excel tool which makes that easy for someone who knows what they are doing. Please help ASAP. I have to be done with this before tuesday afternoon. I am in central time zone(11:20pm right now).
3.I have a paper that is already too long depending on formatting (2 pages max), but I think I haven't
addressed everything I'm required to, so I need help condensing what I have and deciding whether there are key parts missing that I will need to add.
I don't exactly need help writing, but help shortening what I've written and deciding whether or not to write more.
I think the first step to getting this done is looking at the writing prompt and my essay and confirming which things I have already addressed sufficiently and which things are missing or incomplete.
Level of detail/clarity, flow, and transitions would probably be the second step. "Level of detail" is where I can hopefully shorten some parts while still sufficiently addressing what I need to.
But if you think a different approach or order is good, please let me know.
4.: There are four things that you need to do in order to successfully complete this module's discussion questions assignment.
on questions assignment. First, if you have not already done so, read pages 381-382 in the textbook. Second, complete the discussion questions that appear below. Please copy and paste the questions onto a Word document; then, type your responses after each question. To view the questions, please scroll down.
Third, in the textbook, read “A Modest Proposal” by Jonathan Swift (pages 214-222) and “How to Raise a Pimp” by Darryl L. Fortson, M.D. (pages 231-233). Fourth, complete the discussion questions regarding “A Modest Proposal” and “How to Raise a Pimp.” Again, please copy and paste the questions onto a Word document; then, type your responses after each question. To view the questions, please scroll down.
Due Date: Please see the Canvas announcement regarding this assignment.
Final Thoughts: Good luck with this assignment. You do not need to write an essay response to each question, so please do not do so. In fact, you should be able to successfully respond to each question in several sentences or a paragraph at most. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to e-mail or call me.
1. On pages 381-382, there is paragraph about tropical fish. Please quote the author’s stated claim exactly as it appears in the paragraph. (Hint: the stated claim is one sentence long.)
2. On pages 381-382, there is paragraph about tropical fish. Since this paragraph is a satire, you know that the stated claim is not what the author truly believes, so please paraphrase the author’s implied claim. (Hint: the implied claim should be one sentence in length.)
3. On page 382, there is paragraph about circuses. Please quote the author’s stated claim exactly as it appears in the paragraph. (Hint: the stated claim is one sentence long.)
4. On pages 381-382, there is paragraph about circuses. Since this paragraph is a satire, you know that the stated claim is not what the author truly believes, so please paraphrase the author’s implied claim. (Hint: the implied claim should be one sentence in length.)
“A Modest Proposal” by Jonathan Swift
1. The author of the work is not the same individual who is making the claim. In fact, Swift assumes a persona, the persona of someone he, hopefully, is not. List some of the characteristics of his alter-ego.
2. What is the proposer’s (we will use the word proposer to identify the individual making the claims) attitude toward the beggars he describes in the opening paragraphs?
3. In one sentence, paraphrase the proposer’s stated claim.
4. In one sentence, paraphrase the proposer’s implied claim.
5. According to the proposer, what are some of the issues that need correcting?
6. How does the use of facts and statistics help to bolster the proposer’s credibility?
7. Who will be the beneficiaries of this modest proposal?
8. Identify at least four good things that will come from this modest proposal.
9. Does the proposer address any arguments that might be raised against his modest proposal? If so, how does he address them?
10. Looking at the final paragraph, why does the proposer end his modest proposal in this manner?
11. Who is the intended audience of this satire?
12. Did you enjoy this satire? Why?
13. Does this satire have any relevance for us reading it today? If so, what is it?
“How to Raise a Pimp” by Darryl L. Fortson, M.D.
1. In one sentence, paraphrase the author’s stated claim.
2. In one sentence, paraphrase the author’s implied claim.
3. According to the author, what are the four things that one must do in order to raise a pimp?
4. Who is the intended audience of this satire?
5. What is the author trying to accomplish with his satire?
6. Did you enjoy this satire? Why?
7. Do you think this satire is effective? Why?