2.I have 5 questions I am stuck on. Please help!
1. Enter the correct answer in the box.
Facundo crochets and sells
chets and sells baby blankets, b. Each blanket requires 3 skeins of yarn, and the total number of skeins Facundo uses, y, varies directly as the number of blankets he crochets, b.
Write an equation that models this relationship.
2. The weight of an object, w, varies inversely as the square of its distance from the center of Earth, d. When an astronaut stands in a training center on the surface of Earth (3,960 miles from the center), she weighs 155 pounds. To the nearest tenth of a pound, what will be the approximate weight of the astronaut when she is standing on a space station, in orbit 240 miles above the training center?
3. The square of g varies inversely as h. When g = 16, h = 2. What is the value of h when g = 40?
4. The number of days, d, it will take Manny to read a book varies inversely as the number of pages, p, he reads per day. If k is the constant of variation, which equation represents this situation?
5. The battery life for Bruhier’s cell phone is longer when he has fewer apps running. When only one app is running, the battery will last for 16 hours. When four apps are running, the battery will only last for 4 hours.