1.ssay 1: Person I Admire
This essay assignment is the culmination of all your previous work in this module. You have
in this module. You have already engaged in the beginnings of the writing process of this essay. You have:
Brainstormed ideas (see Chapter 11 in SMG) about the essay in the Discussion Board.
Condensed your ideas down into manageable points around a working thesis.
Displayed knowledge of Description essays from Learning Activities
Drafted a Writing Activity (WA2) about this Description essay.
Consulted with a writing tutor to find areas of strength and areas of improvement.
Finally, you will now compose the final draft of a description essay that:
contains a clear thesis
identifies clear points to support your thesis
engages in critical thought about the subject chosen
uses 2-4 main ideas (points) that support your overall essay thesis
allows you to expand on your chosen topic
This essay assignment represents the first steps in writing any written essay for any academic course. The idea of thesis and support are the cornerstones of all essays. They represent the last part of the writing process. However, you may still revise your essay before final submission. This form of essay writing is the basis for all other academic writing pursuits. This skill translates to almost all careers that require critical thinking, critical reading, and responding in writing. Practicing "how to" write an essay carries over into any field's task of "what" you need to write. This skill will help with all formal writing.
Write a 900-word essay, in MLA format, about a person or fictional character in whom you have an interest.
Select a subject (person or fictional character you admire)
Look to your Discussion (D1) and Writing Activity 2 (WA2) for your subject
The person may be current or historical
Some fictional characters have positive traits that can be identified.
Select several (2-4) traits about the person or character that you admire and write about these. These will be the essay's main ideas.
Biographical information should be used only to support claims.
Your essay should focus on the traits you admire. Do not write a biography or tell a story.
Example of what not to do: This person was born in 1979. They were born in middle Tennessee. They went to elementary school is 1985. They graduated in 1998.
Instead, follow this example: This person was born in middle Tennessee. Entering elementary in school in 1985 was hard for them. They never felt that they belonged in kindergarten. However, they persevered, learning that school was a place for them to grow and be themselves.
Focus on the "why" you admire them instead of a list of traits. In the above example, perseverance and learning to be themselves are the traits the writer of the essay admires.
Organize your main ideas to establish the essay's pattern of organization.
Your main ideas (traits you have chosen) need to be clearly organized.
Decide in what order you wish to discuss these main ideas (traits)
This organization needs to be presented in your introduction, preferably as the last sentence of your introduction in the thesis statement.
Note: your thesis is generally the last sentence in your introduction, but it not a requirement.
Follow this structure throughout the rest of the essay.
Always check to see if your main ideas/topic sentences, in each paragraph, relate back to your thesis statement.
Compose 5 well-developed paragraphs that support a clear thesis statement that is arguable.
5 paragraph minimum
introduces your essay and presents your thesis
three body paragraphs
Each paragraph contains one of your chosen admirable traits about your subject
expressed in a topic sentence in your paragraph
Each trait needs to transition to the next one in the next paragraph
look to your chosen pattern of development
rephrases your traits into one last paragraph
reflects the earlier thesis, but with the knowledge of your traits expressed throughout the essay
This essay is a basic form of an argument essay. The essay should make an argument such as that the person or character selected is worthy of admiration because of the traits selected.
Criteria for Success
A successful essay:
Meets basic requirements of the assignment
Has been written by the student submitting the essay, for this class, and for this semester,
Does not contain plagiarism of any kind
Academic dishonesty is an offense of the NSCC Student Code of Conduct, punishable by a failing grade or zero
Has a clear thesis, main ideas, and pattern of organization
Has been carefully edited and proofread to minimize grammatical and other editing errors
These can be remedied by editing and with Writing Tutor visits and peer reviewing
Follows MLA style and guidelines (spacing, indent, margins, etc. )
The essay will be graded with the Grading Rubric for Essays. Please familiarize yourself with this rubric before you submit your essay. Here is the condensed version of the rubric:
week 3 essay : Finding Child Care
Personal Essay Draft: Finding Child Care
Due Week 3 and worth 80 points
e Week 3 and worth 80 points
It takes practice to become an effective written communicator. In this course, you will practice writing effectively for different purposes.
Identify a topic from the list below. Each topic identifies an issue that you will investigate over the 11-week term. Throughout this course, you will discuss why you chose the topic research and then propose a way to address the issue.You will write a draft and revision for two types of essays.
Point of View: Use First Person POV, i.e. “I,” for the personal essay. Use Third Person POV, i.e. “he/she/they,” for the stance essay. Do not use the Second Person POV, “you
12.We have a final tomorrow in world geo and he has given us the topic of the essay he wants
e ahead of time but im not sure how to write a thesis statement for a multi question topic. The question is:The way people earn an income is influenced by the physical geography, natural resources, and the manner in which those resources are utilized. What resources are most plentiful in South America? Where are these resources located? How does the physical geography and climate of a region affect the resources of a region?
13.NOTE: This week you will write about tone and theme in TWO different poems.
You must choose one from
from the Romantic period,
and then you choose one from EITHER the Renaissance or Victorian periods to compare to the Romantic.
The poems are provided for you in the overview pages for each period of poetry.
To accomplish that, you must follow the above steps and complete the TPFASTT worksheet in order to gain the information you need to identify the theme/tone and to write about it. You will choose TWO poems on which to write. You will choose TWO. That means you'll have two responses about tone and two responses about theme.
This is important: please make sure that the two poems you choose share the same theme. This is extremely important for being able to write the essay in the final module. They must share the same theme. Consider the following subjects when determining a theme: power, love, control, religion, science, gender roles, death/loss/mourning, beauty, or values.
14.I have a paper that is already too long depending on formatting (2 pages max), but I think I haven't
addressed everything I'm required to, so I need help condensing what I have and deciding whether there are key parts missing that I will need to add.
I don't exactly need help writing, but help shortening what I've written and deciding whether or not to write more.
I think the first step to getting this done is looking at the writing prompt and my essay and confirming which things I have already addressed sufficiently and which things are missing or incomplete.
Level of detail/clarity, flow, and transitions would probably be the second step. "Level of detail" is where I can hopefully shorten some parts while still sufficiently addressing what I need to.
But if you think a different approach or order is good, please let me know.
15.: There are four things that you need to do in order to successfully complete this module's discussion questions assignment.
on questions assignment. First, if you have not already done so, read pages 381-382 in the textbook. Second, complete the discussion questions that appear below. Please copy and paste the questions onto a Word document; then, type your responses after each question. To view the questions, please scroll down.
Third, in the textbook, read “A Modest Proposal” by Jonathan Swift (pages 214-222) and “How to Raise a Pimp” by Darryl L. Fortson, M.D. (pages 231-233). Fourth, complete the discussion questions regarding “A Modest Proposal” and “How to Raise a Pimp.” Again, please copy and paste the questions onto a Word document; then, type your responses after each question. To view the questions, please scroll down.
Due Date: Please see the Canvas announcement regarding this assignment.
Final Thoughts: Good luck with this assignment. You do not need to write an essay response to each question, so please do not do so. In fact, you should be able to successfully respond to each question in several sentences or a paragraph at most. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to e-mail or call me.
1. On pages 381-382, there is paragraph about tropical fish. Please quote the author’s stated claim exactly as it appears in the paragraph. (Hint: the stated claim is one sentence long.)
2. On pages 381-382, there is paragraph about tropical fish. Since this paragraph is a satire, you know that the stated claim is not what the author truly believes, so please paraphrase the author’s implied claim. (Hint: the implied claim should be one sentence in length.)
3. On page 382, there is paragraph about circuses. Please quote the author’s stated claim exactly as it appears in the paragraph. (Hint: the stated claim is one sentence long.)
4. On pages 381-382, there is paragraph about circuses. Since this paragraph is a satire, you know that the stated claim is not what the author truly believes, so please paraphrase the author’s implied claim. (Hint: the implied claim should be one sentence in length.)
“A Modest Proposal” by Jonathan Swift
1. The author of the work is not the same individual who is making the claim. In fact, Swift assumes a persona, the persona of someone he, hopefully, is not. List some of the characteristics of his alter-ego.
2. What is the proposer’s (we will use the word proposer to identify the individual making the claims) attitude toward the beggars he describes in the opening paragraphs?
3. In one sentence, paraphrase the proposer’s stated claim.
4. In one sentence, paraphrase the proposer’s implied claim.
5. According to the proposer, what are some of the issues that need correcting?
6. How does the use of facts and statistics help to bolster the proposer’s credibility?
7. Who will be the beneficiaries of this modest proposal?
8. Identify at least four good things that will come from this modest proposal.
9. Does the proposer address any arguments that might be raised against his modest proposal? If so, how does he address them?
10. Looking at the final paragraph, why does the proposer end his modest proposal in this manner?
11. Who is the intended audience of this satire?
12. Did you enjoy this satire? Why?
13. Does this satire have any relevance for us reading it today? If so, what is it?
“How to Raise a Pimp” by Darryl L. Fortson, M.D.
1. In one sentence, paraphrase the author’s stated claim.
2. In one sentence, paraphrase the author’s implied claim.
3. According to the author, what are the four things that one must do in order to raise a pimp?
4. Who is the intended audience of this satire?
5. What is the author trying to accomplish with his satire?
6. Did you enjoy this satire? Why?
7. Do you think this satire is effective? Why?
16.I need your help in order to complete the following assignments in relation to Economics under MBA program.
1. Write 1000
1. Write 1000 word essay on the contribution of the concept of economic calculation to understand the limits of the corporation and the structure of governance.
2. Write a 1000 word essay on the role of entrepreneur and entrepreneurial discovery.
3. Write a 1000 word essay on how the heterogeneity of capital and risk affect the organization of business.
These are the assignments, the deadline set on 26.02.2018 (Monday Noon). It must be plagiarism free with APA format and citation style.
Thank you so much for your help in advance.